We use the Microlight ML830® Laser at our facility for anyone that has inflammation or an acute injury such as a sprain or fracture. It is a handheld, noninvasive, light-emitting, medical device. It has been approved by the FDA for use in the treatment of a variety of soft tissue problems and neurological disorders and is categorized as a low energy cold laser.
Cold lasers have been used for medical use for over 30 years and have a long record of successful clinical studies demonstrating medical efficacy and safety.
Studies have shown that the it can significantly accelerate and enhance your body’s natural defense, decrease inflammation and increase rehabilitation and repair after an injury allowing you to heal quicker and keep your body working at its highest level.
Here are some of the 10 reasons and advantages to using cold laser:
- Increased collagen production
- Enhanced nerve regeneration
- Increased vasodilation
- Reduced inflammatory duration and magnitude
- Increased cell metabolism
- Increased cell membrane potential
- Increased microcirculation
- Increased tissue and bone repair
- Increased lymphatic response
- Increased enzyme response
HOW IT WORKS:
Laser therapy stimulates your body’s natural healing power at a cellular level. The Cold Laser uses what is called “Photon energy” which is basically the energy produced by light, to stimulate the activity of your cell and its components.
This therapy is effective, painless and best of all you don’t have to take a drug to feel the effects.
WHAT CAN COLD LASER HELP WITH?
- Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Tennis/Golf elbow
- Sport Injuries
- Headaches & TMJ disorders
- Shoulder / Rotator Cuff
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Knee & Ankle pain
- Bursitis & Soft Tissue Swelling