Here are some great foods high in iron that you may take in addition to iron supplements or by themselves. If you are anemic, this is some great information!
- Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
- Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
- Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybean
- Pork Liver
- Oysters, clams, scallops
- Chicken giblets
- Beef and Beef Liver
- Egg yolks
- Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
* If you are pregnant please do not eat liver, it may have too much vitamin A which could harm the fetus.
Big Tip: Vitamin C, helps your body better absorb iron enriched foods so it is recommended to either eat foods with Vitamin C or take a supplement!
Dr. Amie Gregory