Eyestrain, the occupational hazard!
Ever feel dull, aching, sensation around and behind the eyes that can lead into a headache. It may be difficult to focus on a book or the computer screen. A dark computer screen surrounded by a bright background such as a window or a lit wall can really put severe strain on the eyes.
Here are 5 ways to get your eyes energized:
- Bat your eyelids. Blinking spreads a layer of lubrication across the surfaces of the eyes. This gives them quick relief. It also helps remove dust or grift from the eyes before it causes irritation.
- Do what some professional massage therapists do: Rub your hands together to warm them up, then place the heels of your palms over your eyes for a few seconds. The warmth will help them feel rested and relaxed.
- “Re-wetting drops” will help remove debris while providing soothing relief.
- Keep them cool, crazy cool. Slices of cool cucumber over the eyes can be very soothing. Or you can simply cover your eyes with a cool compress. Wet a towel in cool water, wring it out, and place it over your eyes for about five minutes. Doesn’t that make you say ahhhh?
- Give your eyes a break, they sure deserve it: Overuse from staring at the computer screen or driving long distances puts extra strain on your eyes. Every hour take some time and and focus on something other than the computer screen. Then close your eyes and relax for a moment.