After a workout, these foods will help you recover quicker and regain your energy.
1. Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt opposed to just regular yogurt packs two times as much protein and has less sugar it also has 1/2 the amount of salt that normal yogurts have. Yogurt is a great source for calcium which helps keep the structure of your bones strong.
2. Eggs: One egg contains around 7 grams of protein. This is used highly by body builders. Eggs also have vitamin E and A making it a staple food for bodybuilders. Eggs also contain several nutrients such as vitamins E which is a great antioxidant and helps your nervous system and vitamin A which helps with vision, immune function and skin health.
3. Bananas: Bananas are rich in potassium and magnesium, which helps reduce cramping after your workout. Bananas also are wonderful for your digestive system and are a great fiber source. Banana is a sugar but it is realatively low on the glycemic index.
4. Fruit salad: Combinations of fruits provide the vitamins and fibers necessary for the growth and repair of muscles after a workout.
5. Avacodo smoothie (add whey): Avocado is a good source of good fat. One cup of avocados contains about 22 grams of fat, which makes up 82% of the calories contained in the fruit. Fats can be bad for you but WHFoods.com notes that the intake of fat with carotenoids helps in the overall absorption of the plant pigment. This is actually healthy! It also has high dietary fiber content, and when paired with whey in a smoothie, helps you gain energy after a hard workout.
6. Blueberries: This amazing fruit provides you with loads of antioxidants needed to combat the free radicals that can cause so much harm including cancer.
7. Kiwi: Kiwi has an enzyme called “actinidin” to help in fast digestion. Potassium is in kiwi along with vitamin C which helps boost your immunity. It is also rich in vitamin E, but has a low glycemic index.
8. Hummus: Hummus is a great source of protein and you can eat it with carrots or celery giving you back your energy and getting the fiber you need for digestion.
9. Coconut water: This can increase your electrolyte intake along with necessary minerals you may have sweat out. It also contains bioactive enzymes which help with digestion and B-complex vitamins that help replenish the body.