Have you struggled with depression? Panic Attacks? Chronic Stress? Every have pressure in your stomach? Acid Reflux? Heart Burn?
Solar Plexus is located right under your ribs and can be the epicenter of our emotions. This is known as the 3rd Chakra. This is the largest autonomic nerve center in the abdominal cavity. These nerves manage a plethora of vital functions like adrenal secretion, intestinal motility and efficiency of internal organs. The inability of releasing emotional stress leads to malfunction and illness. Emotional blockages lead to physical blockages and inflammation leading to diseases.
Look at the rate of auto-immune diseases, bowel and intestinal issues, allergies and other illnesses that were not as common in the past, showing high increases with little explanation of why they are occurring.
Here are some physical symptoms that have been shown to be caused or elevated by emotional factors:
- Heart disease: Type A personalities have a higher risk of high blood pressure and heart issues.
- Asthma: It has been shown that a parent’s chronic stress may increase the risk of asthma in their offspring
- Obesity: Stress causes cortisol to increase and increases fat in the adbomen. When people are stressed, they also try and forget such stress by eating
- Diabetes: stress levels increase glucose levels which creates problems with diabetes.
- Headaches: Tension and Migraines are caused by inflammation triggered by stress
- Depression/Anxiety: Highly stressful jobs have shown an 80% higher risk of eventually having issues with depression than those with lower stressed jobs.
- Gastrointestinal problems: Heartburn, Reflux, GERD, IBS, Crohn’s, Diverticulitis etc all have an emotional element of accelerating symptoms.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Brain lesions have been found to grow more quickly leading to this disease.
- Aging quickly: One study has shown that the DNA of mothers that were under high amounts of stress had been effected and their chomosomes accelerated 9-17 years than mothers with lower amounts of stress.
- Premature death: Caregivers that are looking after their spouses were shown in one study to have a 63% higher rate of death than those who were not caregivers.
Chiropractic helps alleviate stress in the body, increase immune and help the body heal by allowing your system to start going to parasympathetic status (rest and regenerate).
Breathing and meditation are also very important for your health and mind. IGA levels are increased with meditation. This is an immune response that helps fight off bacterial and viruses leading to ill health. This is why it is so necessary to meditate.
When meditating, think of gratitude! Even if you have not gotten what you are showing gratitude for, keep thinking it and you would be surprised at what happens. Positive thoughts lead to health and vitality, Negative thoughts can influence the body the other way. Treat yourself well and you will reap the rewards!